Who we are
Launched in March 2020, COVID-NMA is an international initiative working in conjunction with the World Health Organization (WHO), led by a team of researchers from the Cochrane collaboration and other institutions (Université de Paris, Inserm, CNRS, Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine Odense (CEBMO), University of Southern Denmark, Odense University Hospital, Epistemonkos Foundation, Fondazione IRCCS Ca' Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, University of Milan).
This initiative involves a broad multidisciplinary consortium.
Decisions on COVID-19 treatments and preventive interventions are informed through a living Evidence Ecosystem developed by an international collaborative effort.
- To inform research planning by producing an up-to-date mapping of trial evidence
- To inform public health and healthcare decisions by producing relevant, accessible, up-to-date, and trustworthy synthesis of high-quality evidence about the efficacy and safety of interventions for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19
- To improve research value by producing a living monitoring of trial planning, conduct, and reporting and implementing interventions to transform research practices
Our project relies on three main pillars:
- Performing a living mapping of all registered trial evidence to help funders and researchers planning future trials,
- Producing a living systematic review of trial evidence to support healthcare decision making
- Assessing trials methodology and transparency to improve future research.
Our values and principles
- Pooling resources and diverse expertise of an international collaboration
- Ensuring flexibility to answer stakeholders’ needs
- Ensuring quality, transparency and reproducibility