Publication Yuan, medRxiv, 2020 (preprint)
Dates: 2020-02-01 to 2020-03-30
Funding: Public/non profit (Affiliated Zhongshan Hospital of Dalian University)
Conflict of interest: No
Multicenter / China |
Follow-up duration (days): 14
1. 2019-nCoV infected patients
2. nCoV nucleic acid positive
3. Aged >=18 years
4. Patients understand the purpose of the trial, voluntarily sign informed consent, and agree to complete the rectification research process
1. Those with allergies;
2. Patients with a history of severe cardio-cerebral vascular disease, diabetes, mental and neurological diseases, severe liver and renal insufficiency;
3. History of hip or knee trauma or surgery;
4. Patients who abuse drugs;
5. Those who are in the acute phase of chronic diseases;
6. Patients with other malignant diseases and a survival time of less than 12 months;
7. pregnancy, lactating women;
8. Poor compliance and unable to follow up on time;
9. Participants in clinical trials of other drugs or devices within the past 3 months.
Tc-MDP (5 ml)Co-Intervention: Standard care
Duration : 7 days
Definition of Standard care: Routine treatment according to Diagnostic of COVID-19 criteria issued by National Health Commission of China.
21 participants (n1=10 / n2= 11)
|Characteristics of participants|
Mean age : NR
Severity : Mild: n=* / Moderate: n=*/ Severe: n=* Critical: n=*
|In the register|
|In the report|
The primary end point was the CT-based radiological pulmonary changes from baseline to 7 days
|Risk of bias
The overall risk of bias reported in the table corresponds to the highest risk of bias for the outcomes assessed for the systematic review
This study is pending author reply. No outcome data (relevant to this review) were reported.
In addition to all available versions of the pre-print, the study registry was used in data extraction and risk of bias assessment. The study as reported in the pre-print article differed from its registration in several regards: the proposed sample size was not reached; two study arms are reported whereas there were three in the registration; a treatment(methylprednisolone) recorded in the registration as being co-administered with Tc-MDP in the treatment arm is not reported in the article; one of two primary outcomes recorded in the registration is not reported, while an outcome not recorded in the registration is reported.